,November 25, 2020
Tempeh Snow Pea & King Oyster Mushroom Stir-Fry
When you come home from work hungry and tired, the last thing you want to do is cook an elaborate meal that takes hours. This quick and easy stir-fry will be on the table within 30 minutes. It is super-healthy, tasty and nourishing.
- 10cm piece fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 small red chilies, thinly sliced
- 8 tbsp rice vinegar
- 8 tbsp maple syrup
- 8 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 onion, peeled & sliced into crescents
- 8 king oyster mushrooms, sliced lengthways
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 300g snow peas, topped and tailed
- ½ bunch mint
- ½ bunch Thai basil
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- Juice 1 lime
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- For sauce, place all ingredients in jug and stir well. Set aside.
- Heat large wok over high heat. Add onions and sauté until golden.
- Add 1 tbsp water to deglaze wok and soften onions.
- Add mushrooms, broccoli and snow peas and stir-fry for a couple of mins.
- Add sauce and stir until it comes to boil and thickens.
- Add herbs and squeeze over lime juice.
- To serve, place wok on table with bowl of rice and let everyone serve themselves.
Adam is a vegan whose passion for food began with a life-threatening illness and continues today in a lifestyle built around healthy cooking and eating. Adam is a qualified chef and wellness coach who specialises in a wholefood, plant-based diet. Adam shares how to prepare delicious, healthy food for health, energy and vitality. He conducts online healthy eating and wellness programs and gives keynote talks, live cooking demonstrations and cooking classes on the subject of healthy eating and living well.
Red lentils are a great source of low-fat, plant-based protein and contain a wealth of B vitamins, many essential minerals…
When you are tired and hungry after a busy day, this spaghetti with creamy sauce is nurturing and fast to…